Monday, May 17, 2010

Amy - 28/365 - Perth, WA, AUS

One of my photography friends here lent me her old 50mm 1:1.8D lense to try out, knowing that I am interested in getting some new lenses for my collection. I've been so busy that I haven't taken a few moments to play around with it, so yesterday I took a few pictures of my Mother's Day flowers before they wilted. It took me a bit to get into the groove, but I really liked it and loved the results. I must admit that I rarely take my camera off of the Auto setting, since it does such a great job for me and I'm usually at a loss with manual settings. Using this lenses forced me to play around and use different settings, I am still not comfortable, but trying.

1 comment:

  1. Put the camera on Aperture priority. Move the aperture to 1.8. Turn off flash. Adjust ISO as necessary. Shoot, shoot, shoot. You will love the 50mm (though the 1.4 is totally worth the extra dough).

    ReplyDelete