Friday, May 21, 2010

Amy - 31/365 - Perth, WA, AUS

The city of Perth, Western Australia from Mount Henry Bridge.

At first, when we moved here, it was weird living so close to the city and even being able to see it from our master bedroom. Considering, in all the major city areas that I've lived in during my life, it's not common (or affordably safe) to live within this proximity! I love this view from the bridge and feel like it's an old friend after walking this route day-after-day for a year when I was in the main part of my weight loss journey. In February 2008, when we first arrived in Perth, the rental home market was really limited (at the time our home was the only one available that met our criteria), so I feel very happy that we ended up with a home in this location.

On a good day, you can see dolphins swimming in the river pictured as you pass over the bridge ... it's truly amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment