Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Amy - 42/365 - Perth, WA, AUS

Today was a beautiful, sunny first day of winter day in Perth! Perfect for meeting up with friends at Hillarys Boat Harbour for lunch and chit chat. I had a chance to catch-up with Kelle before she left with the girls for Ohio and Robin before she moves to Houston.

Sometimes it's difficult, as an expatriate, to make new friends (shocking for me, since I am soooo not shy)! I find that many Australians are hesitant to let me into their circle or get to close to me, knowing that we will only be here for 3-4 years. And this location is unique from a company standpoint, since we all live in many different suburbs and not on a compound, like so many other oil locations. However, I have built some amazing friendships with the other wives in our company and know I am building friendships that will last for years. It is inevitable we will soon be separated with new assignments, but I have faith and hope that our paths will cross again soon.

PHOTO DATE: Tuesday, June 1, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment