Monday, July 5, 2010

Amy - 64/365 - Perth, WA, AUS

Another day of helping to clean-up her mess from eating (Saturday 6/27).

Don't call Children's Protective Services on me, please!!! I promise that she is doing these chores voluntarily :) At some point in time, every kid wants to do the dishes and thinks they are "helping", when we all know it's just creating a bigger mess. Personally, I don't remember volunteering to do this until I was approximately eight; however, we've found that Leila is ahead of the curve ..... way ahead of it ... here she is doing her share of the work around our home on two separate occasions!

DATE: Wednesday, June 23, 2010

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally inspired. I think John will be vacuuming tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of our kids vacuum on a regular basis. We set the timer and they take turns. I usually find a way to make chores a game :) They even empty the dishwasher and put away almost everything (Leila included). I feel it's important to get them involved on a daily basis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. John helps on some things, but it's time for him to get more involved.

    ReplyDelete