Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Amy - 36/365 - Perth, WA, AUS


In preparation for my first official "gig" as a wedding photographer in October, I've been reading a few books and playing around with settings on my camera. Taking a break from my friends week, I turned the flash off and tried to get some good close-ups on the kids. From what I could tell on my view screen, the shots were clear; however, they were not really sharp :( I read after these pictures a suggestion to zoom in on the screen to be sure the image is good, before moving on to a new shot. Something I did not do ... live and learn ... that's why I'm practicing now!

The focus of these two shots are their "boo boos" - Logan's bruise under his eye and Leila's fat lip. It's always amazing how many bumps and bruises kids have! I'd imagine even if we lived in a padded home, they'd figure out a way to get roughed up - LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Such sweet shots. It's hard to believe that Leila is already 2!

    Not knowing your settings, I'm imagining that your shots were out of focus because you were using a low aperture and your focus point was not what you wanted it to be. It's great that you are reading and playing. I think that's the best way to learn. Trial and error. In photos I nail or in ones I'd like to see improvement, I'll review my settings so I can make a notation of what to do next time.

    ReplyDelete