Tuesday, May 25, 2010

nancy - 35/365 - Orlando, Florida


May 25

Jeff woke up sick today. He never gets sick, but now he has strep throat. :( Praying we don't all get sick.

I woke up exhausted today. Owen was up alot last night. It was ridiculous. Teeth? Skin? Growth spurt? Anyways, to add to that I accidentally squirted motrin in his eye at 11:30 pm because of a malfunctioning syringe (omg I can't believe I'm documenting this parenting lowpoint), couldn't fall asleep because who knows why, and then had a crazy (and upsetting) dream that involved being on a subway in Poland with a friend and John and then getting off the subway without them and then they went on and then no one seemed to know of the city I thought they were headed to and.....I didn't fall asleep again.

And today was the appointed day to do a crapload of cooking and freezing in hopes of making my life easier. The fridge was filled with fresh veggies and protein that had to be cooked today. I made spaghetti sauce, pesto, taco meat, two roasted chickens, one roasted turkey breast and 8 sauteed chicken breasts. The freezer is packed!

Anyways, the point of this picture is that John was a total Happy Camper today. He was a good trooper despite being kind of ignored all day. He is such a sweet, sweet boy.



1 comment:

  1. Another crazy day/night, huh?!?!? Sorry to hear that Jeff is sick (at least he really goes for it and does it right with strep - LOL) and hope he feels better soon. Lord only knows what is going on with Owen and his sleep habits. I cannot imagine how you are functioning off of that little sleep and no one can blame you for the eye squirt mishap :( HUGS!!!

    Give John a big hug from me for being so great - HIGH FIVE KIDDO!!!

    Tomorrow is a new day...

    ReplyDelete