Sunday, August 29, 2010

nancy - 80/365 - Aspen, Colorado USA


July 11, 2010

Vacation Day 3

  • After getting up several times with Owen, who is most certainly in the midst of a sleep regression (though I don't think I can call it that if his sleep has never really progressed), Jeff let me sleep in a bit.
  • Jeff woke up with the children and went into Basalt to find me a copy of the New York Times - a pre-birthday gift. Yay!
  • This morning we drove into Basalt to the farmers market and purchased a few goodies including squash blossoms. Jeff is going to stuff and bake them for my birthday dinner tomorrow.
  • I'm beginning to feel the altitude - shortness of breath, tired.
  • We took a walk in the neighborhood. Jeff & John saw a fox.
  • John discovered trout in the pond and is now feeding them crumbs. He spent most of his day hanging out in and around the stream. I think he'd be perfectly content if we spent the entire week at the house.
View from the yard:

John is loving the one on one time with his grandparents. He really enjoyed "fishing" and used rocks as bait to catch the fish.


A perfect moment:


No comments:

Post a Comment