Sunday, September 5, 2010

nancy - 81/365 - Aspen, Colorado USA

The drive up Castle Creek. B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.

July 12, 2010
Vacation Day 4

My 36th Birthday! What an awesome day!
  • Jeff made an incredible breakfast of biscuits and eggs.
  • Spent the morning cuddling with my boys and reading with John.
  • Drove up Castle Creek Canyon for lunch at the Pine Creek Cookhouse. A stop everyone should make while in Aspen. It was chilly, but I was surrounded by both an amazing view and my favorite people.
  • A stop in Aspen for a walk, a journey to the Explorer Bookstore (found some awesome new reads), and Heron Park. Jeff was incredibly bummed that John had no interest in building a dam in the stream at the park.
  • A nice afternoon nap - just enough time to feel refreshed.
  • Laid in the hammock for the late afternoon and evening hours - Started a new book, worked on my list - 37 things to do in my 37th year, and cloud-watched with John.
  • Received phone calls, texts and emails from some of my favorite people.
  • Amazing dinner made by my hubby - steak, saute'd mushrooms and onions, and grilled asparagus. Appetizer was stuffed squash blossoms.
  • Jeff had a cake made by a spectacular chef in Aspen. Quite possibly the best carrot cake I've ever tasted.
  • Fun gifts received!
  • Took an evening walk with Jeff.
  • Ended the evening with a few rounds of bananagrams.
I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.

me & my boys at pine creek cookhouse!


my beautiful mom

maybe the iced tea wasn't the greatest idea...it probably kept me a bit chillier.

john burbon. my johnbug. buggy. the burbonator. john boy. my guy. snuggle-bug-in-a-rug.

Owen busily teething in Jeff's lap.

Owen & Grandma Hanniford

Owen. O. Baby O. The O-Man. Owie.

A capture on our stroll through Aspen. The Pitkin County Courthouse.

John patiently awaiting the birthday cake. He's really not drinking any wine. It just looks that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment